Thursday, June 19, 2008

Me? Open-minded? Apparently not.

Ok, still bored at work. As a result, have much time to think and thoughts have been stubborn and focused on one topic: male species. Thoughts encouraged by past weekend activities.

First thought: F*CKING MEN.

Kissed one this weekend - good looking but as arrogant as all hell. Didn't really mind at first because I was only in it for the ass (I know, can you believe it - this move to Jozi is doing all sorts of crazy stuff to my head) but then got a bit annoyed when I realised that he was one of those men that doesn't understand the word 'no'. To him, it meant 'you want to but you are too scared of what people think'. For real. He said that. And to make matters worse he is f*cking intelligent (just got scholarship to do his Phd in philosophy in the UK). The problem was that after going out for a brithday party, we all ended up staying at the same house. I was dead keen to sleep in the same room as my (girl) friend (all I had wanted was a one night kiss, no ruby-ruby for me). Next thing I knew, friend gets thrown out of room, door locked, on back, pinned down by brute force, something hard poking me.

I thought: f*ck me, what are we in for? Following conversation unfolds:

Me: No thanks, not tonight.

Him: Relax!

Me: ...no... thanks.

Him: Are you insecure?

WTF?

Me: No!

Him: What happened to you in your childhood that made you like this?

Stared at him blankly. What? Self was slightly confused. His manipulative ways were wearing me down a little. Thought to self, is there something wrong with me? Alcohol not helping.
Then:

Me: NO! (still trying to take my clothes off while asking about childhood)

Him: Thought you were open-minded – but obviously not.

He storms off. Am relieved but unnerved and also doubtful of self (obviously not good).

But not to worry, I gather myself to myself and think: who the f*ck does he think he is? But did have familiar sad feeling of being treated badly by male and then got angry. F*ck him. Anyway time passes, fall asleep. Next thing, pinned down by brute force, something hard poking me.

HE TRIES AGAIN.

Went through the whole thing again, said no a million times, he insulted me accordingly. Even told me that was only interested in one-night thing (good way to get a girl in bed!), that he was amazing and that I was missing out etc.

Ugh.

Anyway, am alive. And the only thing he managed to achieve was get minimal clothes off and blue balls the next morning. Abusive, arrogant man.

But seriously, what is that about? It’s the freakin 21st century.

Less than wonderful, certainly.

5 comments:

Craig said...

What an asshole.

Grantus Vinicus said...

Okay I have a slightly differing perspective on this ...

Firstly ... you obviously met this guy previously (as u were staying at the same place) ... you also liked him enough to snog him ... but chick how much did you really know about him besides the fact that as you say 'i was only in it for the ass' ...

dont you think its a double standard that you can view him as a peice of meat yet when he sees you that way you have a problem with it ... look granted what he did was plain and simply wrong and borders on date rape so I completely understand why you got so offended ... but fuck it woman learn to get to know a guy before giving him the slightest inclimnation of your attraction ... go on a date ... talk ... find out his last name before sticking your tongue down his throat ...

If you gonna go fishing with shit ... expect to catch bottom feeder ...

Jess said...

grantus - I completely respect your opinion! And you're right, there were definately double standards at play. I just don't understand why a kiss has to imply sex? And I did know him (been in the same social circle for a while).

Craig - right on :)

Grantus Vinicus said...

I agree, why does it ?

But if I understand it correctly you are originally from Cape Town - so am I ... Cape Town women are just different to jhb women ... in cpt its unusual for a one night stand to occur especially amongst friends ... in jhb it happens all the time ... you could almost say jhb women are just more of the 'bra burning im gonna get some dick cause im an empowered chick' kinda of women ... so maybe thats just what he is used to and expected the same ...

Honestly amongst a group of friends you would have thought that this moron would have had the common decency to realize that he has seen you often enough before and he will see you often again in future so there is no such thing as a one nighter cause he actually will be facing you several times in the future ... imagine how awkward that would be for both of you ... wot if you start dating one of his friends or vice versa ...

Quite simply he obviously doesnt have anough forethought to have seen the potential consequences ... and it sounds like you really do deserve someone a lot better than that ...

I wouldnt be surprised that if you asked the women in this group of friends of yours just how many of them have been with him and you will probably find the guy has taken a ride on every suspecting female in your direct vicinity (or at least tried) ...

I always say the proof is in the pudding ... so the fact that he thinks he is so damn good yet you havent even experience much more than a prod in your thigh kinda sounds like he has been falsely informed in his past ...

aim your arrow higher and cupid will deliver ;)

Jess said...

'aim your arrow higher and cupid will deliver ;)'

Lets hope so! Very much enjoyed your comment :)